I know friends and relatives who have been waiting for God to bless them with children. I know the pain and agony they have been through while waiting for God’s perfect timing. I have seen God working miracles in the lives of childless couples. They all had to wait patiently for God to work his divine plan in their lives. They had to accept God’s Holy will and surrender their lives to God.
“God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.” Hebrews 11:40
The Almighty Lord is all powerful and merciful. There is no limit to what he can do. If we pray wholeheartedly with faith, he will bless us.
- The Lord said to Abraham,”Why did Sarah laugh, and say, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, in the spring, and Sarah shall have a son.” Genesis 18:13-14
- “By faith Abraham, even though he was past age—and Sarah herself was barren—was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise.” Hebrews 11:11
- “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5
The Bible has been such an inspiration. Here are a few Bible verses which you can repeat often. These will encourage you and give you strength and fill you with hope. All those who have faced the trauma of miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, still births or infertility can pray these verses from the Holy Bible and the Lord will surely answer your prayers.
- “He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the Lord!” Psalm 113:9
- “No one shall miscarry or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.” Exodus 23:26
- “For this child I prayed; and the Lord has granted me my petition which I made to him.” 1 Samuel 1:27
- “Shall I bring to the birth and not cause to bring forth? says the Lord; shall I, who cause to bring forth, shut the womb? says your God.” Isaiah 66:9
Here is a Daily Prayer for all those who long for a child. Both Husband and Wife should hold hands and say this prayer daily.
When Isaac prayed to the Lord for his wife Rebekah, the Lord granted his prayer. All husbands need to pray for their wives. This is the best gift a husband can give his wife.
“And Isaac prayed to the Lord for his wife, because she was barren; and the Lord granted his prayer, and Rebekah his wife conceived.” Genesis 25: 21