The rosary is a part of Catholic Tradition. The following steps will tell you how to pray the rosary.
- Begin with the “Sign of the Cross.”
- Pray the “Apostles’ Creed” while holding the crucifix.
- Pray an “Our Father in Heaven“.
- Pray three “Hail Marys” for an increase in Faith, Hope and Charity, and for the intentions of the Holy Father.
- Pray the “Glory Be to the Father“.
- Announce the first mystery, then pray an “Our Father“.
- Pray ten “Hail Marys” (called a decade).
- Pray the “Glory Be” and the “Fatima Prayer“.
- Before each decade, announce the next mystery, followed by an “Our Father“.
- For each set of ten beads on your rosary, pray 10 “Hail Marys” while meditating on the mystery.
- After the five decades are recited, pray the “Hail Holy Queen” and the “Concluding Rosary Prayer“.
- The Glorious Mysteries – to be prayed on Wednesdays and Sundays, and after the Resurrection of our Lord (Easter).
- The Joyful Mysteries – to be prayed on Mondays and Saturdays, and during Christmas and Advent Seasons.
- The Sorrowful Mysteries – to be prayed on Tuesdays and Fridays, and during Lenten Season.
- The Luminous Mysteries – to be prayed on on Thursdays.
O God, whose only begotten Son, by his life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of Eternal Life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.